Benefits of Using an Elastomeric Roof Coating System
Elastomeric Roof Coatings have the potential to save money and energy, while significantly reducing air pollution and roof waste!
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings can be installed directly over the existing roof, eliminating tear-off and reducing waste going to landfills.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings are easy to install and are very cost-effective.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings are flexible and exhibit superior elongation.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings can be applied repeatedly for decades before having to tear off old roof systems. Conventional roof systems need replacement and a new layer of roofing every 10-15 years, while a coated roof can be recoated every 10 years for 1/3 the cost.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings are seamless membranes, there are no seams or joints for water penetration. The elastomeric roof system becomes part of the substrate and will greatly slow down, or stop the aging of underlying materials.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings will allow trapped moisture out, but will not allow moisture penetration. It is a breathable membrane.
· Elastomeric Coatings are highly resistant to water ponding and exhibit fire-retardant properties.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings reduce air pollution.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings use non-toxic, water-based materials
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings reduce roof maintenance costs.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings protect buildings from day-to-night temperature fluctuation, which reduces the stress on buildings. It also reduces the stress on mechanical equipment because it doesn’t have to work so hard.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings can reduce roof surface temperatures by 50 – 80 degrees F. because of its white reflective properties. This reduces the amount of heat radiated into the building, and keeps indoor temperatures lower. Ultimately, this saves the consumer on cooling costs and money.
· Elastomeric Roof Coatings transfer less heat into the air, which keeps urban temperatures lower. Lower urban temperatures result in less energy generation transmissions.